Friday, March 1, 2019

Headlights – A short story

Youre remunerative attention? So t presents been this accident so t heres been this accident nearby. Very sad. On the telly.Mum watched it this odd expression on her face strange isnt it entirely then you k instantaneously how these things affect her. Good thing re aloney. That she wasnt there I mean. It was on our way home on our way home that it happened. The accident. pathetic brown-haired green-eyed boy. How they descri bash him on the telly. Obviously I didnt chance a near look at him. Maybe you did. The car salutary didnt stop.So Im sat here and I only if cant console her. Mum. try to comfort her h starst. I wish I could just explain things to her however she ignores me stone placid. It hurts to see her like this. Just because the police readnt caught the driver yet. entirely(prenominal) my friends gathered into groups at the scene of the accident but I cant happen upon what theyre saying. Sometimes I think they look at me. zero(prenominal)one comes over thoug h. Its not like I did anything wrong You k without delay that.So straight Im sat here and so now Sat on the floor in my bedroom. Lara. Sat on my bed. Sat on my bed quiet as I play and sing. For her. You and Ladyface have left to go get some drinks. So subtle. You come back a midget later. Later enough. Such a nice day it is with the Sun and all you know. Good that we all have some free time. And weve been public lecture talking like we should like friends. You wont come back though not now. Thats just a memory. A goodbye-memory. You incessantly liked memories talking about them all the time as you did. Said they were important. Cant forget each otherwise we exculpate each other. So Im trying to remember honest. No one wants to understand me talk about our memories though. Forever in my memory. Inside my head. Laughing and crying.We always did everything unneurotic always. Remember pretending to drive in the garden in the house? Racing round and round. Laughing. There ar no accidents when youre vanadium no accidents which a plaster doesnt mend. Learning to drive. Always thought youd have been better on the highroad. And crying. You liked Lara as well didnt know that to stimulate with.Taught to stop for red lights. Hold my hand sort of stuff. Did Mum enlighten you the same? Probably.So now Im sat here and so now I believe Hopes and dreams. You hoped to be a model. You were smart too. Smarter and better looking. You. So of course she liked you. But she liked me as well. I sang. Played. Laughed. Cried. Youll neer be a model now though. Shame about that. Lara bought flowers for me the other day. Not for you. And all the heads were red red like love. You know that? ablaze(p) a familiar colour. Better than black. Black metal. Getting sidetracked though. This all started with the accident.No.It didnt start with the accident. It started with two boys who played pretend cars in the garden and who precious a girl. It started with guitars and songs and leaving to get some drinks. I dont know when things changed. why did they change, Joe? Our parents and friends have changed now. Too much. It was just us. We were close. Before the drumbeat. The damned drumbeat in the chest. Then we werent close. But one drumbeat isnt playacting now. You liked playing the drums. Another problem. Girls always like drummers. Oh well not this time.So now our Mums sat there alone stone still. Occasionally the stone is shivered by sobs. They know who did it. Just a matter of time. Im so sorry. She holds her broken middle as no one is there to hold her. Only crying. I doubt there will be laughter evermore.Im at the road now. Wont be long. Im looking down at my wrist. Theres that bracelet stained. Those little drops. Blood. Was that from our cartel? Little boys like that sort of thing big boys like girls. flavor both ways at the road like a good boy. Nothing. Good. Good evening. The air is still heavy with the smell of Lara. Laughter still ringing in my ears. Lara didnt cry. Not before. I step into the road. There are headlights now. They werent there before. Nothing. Blackness. Then headlights. Headlights growing larger. It looks like your red Honda. red ink a familiar colour. Why are you accelerating? Why arent I running?Crack.Red a familiar colour.So now Im sat crumpled here and so now I hope that you never escape.So now Im sat crumpled here and so now I hope youre running the rest of your days.So now Im sat crumpled here and so now I hope shell hate you.We always did everything together always. So die with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment